- Facing cones now appear in minimap.
Modal facing thresholds are now tuned to be more sensitive than
non-modal facing thresholds. (Players don’t have to move the mouse as
far to select facing when building bunkers)
Removed intermediate vertex cache and improved batching for a ~70%
speedup in rendering UI visuals (also reduces memory pressure).
- Aliased cursors and deleted duplicates for a small improvement in load times (also reduces memory pressure).
- The Match chat window was not remembering its position/size from session to session. This should now be fixed.
The Match chat was not correctly joined when viewing a replay or
starting a campaign mission. Players should now be put into a Match chat
session whenever they host/join a Party or whenever you go into game
(whichever comes first). Players will be automatically disconnected from
the Match chat whenever they exit game or leave their Party (whichever
- Various networking improvements
- Optimized calculation of AI data so that it only occurs once on game load and not every frame.
- Optimized SpawnEntityAction code so that it only looks up the blueprint by name once.
- Optimized MapEntryPoint code sot that it only looks up the blueprints by name once.
- Skirmish AI now uses player abilities to produce called in units and no longer uses hidden units in the HQ.
- AI no longer thinks that targets a squad can't damage are good targets.
- Soviet skirmish AI now uses merge ability.
- AITasks try harder to prevent interrupting abilities.
- AITaskFallbackState now clears old paths when it is done moving so that units arriving at the HQ no longer oscillate.
- AIForceAttackTactic understands units with limited firing angles should stay farther back.
AICombatTask no longer forces indirect fire weapons into the target
area when the squad does not have a target or assigned position.
- Code that checks if AI squads are in combat now understands that targeted abilities are attacks.
- AIAbilityTactic now suggests assigned or current good targets to the LUA filter functions.
- AICombatUtil has better stationary squad detection for abilities that barrage clumps of stationary squads.
- AICaptureTask now runs tactics while capturing when possible.
AI Combat Ratings
- Updated AI class and anti-class calculations to not use dynamic ranges that were causing problems.
- Removed heavy/light structure AI class from data and replaced with one structure class.
- AI now generates the AI info from Upgrades by reading the actions in Upgrades and no longer needs hard coded values.
- AI CombatRatings now better detect which weapons cause suppression.
- AI now checks ability based weapons in addition to the primary weapon to determine if a squad uses indirect fire.